Tessa makes 3!

The adventures of a young couple starting a family, teaching each other and learning as we go, and having fun doing it!

February 15, 2011

Valentine's day

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. A day of love. A day of romanticism. A day for rose prices to shoot through the roof.

Luckily, I've never been into roses much. I prefer daisies. Anyways, Valentine's day.

Nine years ago on Valentine's day, I got my first gift from Joel. It was the Hallmark Kiss-Kiss bears and a picture frame. I broke the picture frame 10 seconds later. Accidentally of course. I didn't know it was in the bag and I dropped the bag. Oops! I still have the kiss kiss bears and they have stood the test of time. They did not, however, stand the test of Bailey, the Boston Terrier Joel's parents have. She has a knack for finding things with heads and promptly removing/destroying those heads.

Six years ago, I got a beautiful gold necklace from Joel. I lost that 4 months later. I bought a replacement one, and lost that as well.


One year ago, I got a positive pregnancy test an hour after Joel left for the week to go back to the police academy.

And yesterday, I got a huge smile from Tessa and a card and kiss from Joel.


It was the best Valentine's day I've ever had. It's the little things in life that make everything so wonderful. It's not the presents or the fancy dinners. We had chicken parmesan sandwiches and rice for dinner. It's the time spent with the people you love the most that make everything so fabulous.

What can I say? My life is pretty fabulous.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT picture of Tessa!! And...I loved reading about all the things Joel has gotten you over the years already... NINE years?! Geez! Not many people your age can say that! Very cool! How old were you guys when you started dating? We're at 9 years too...Did we all start dating at the same time? WEEEEEEIIIIIRD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally prefer daisies over roses too :-) Tessa is so cuddly adorable!

    ReplyDelete