Tessa makes 3!

The adventures of a young couple starting a family, teaching each other and learning as we go, and having fun doing it!

February 11, 2011

crocheting

I'm turning into a grandma so fast I almost can't keep up. I go to bed at 8:30. I wake up at 4:30 or 5, even on my days off. I save the last 4 kernels of corn because they might be good with the next meal and I wouldn't want to waste anything. I learned this tip from my farming Grandma, who literally has an entire chest freezer full of yogurt containers with single size servings of fruits, vegetables, and even entrees. She has an entire nook full of homemade canned goods. The woman is an incredible re-purposer (I may have just created that word, but you get the idea).

Well, my newest adventure down the grandma path is learning to crochet. So far, I've made excellent 4 foot chain. I started making a washcloth but then I got all nervous about not being able to make it square. Someday soon though, I will be able to make a washcloth, and it will look pretty like this.


Then, once I get really good at these, I will attempt to create a hat or something. This one is fancy and all sorts of awesome, and maybe someday I will be able to do this. Maybe even by next winter!


 I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to make these adorable boots, but oh man, if I could, I would have the awesome-est (yep, another made up word) baby on the block. I mean, how cute are these?!


::::Sigh::: 

A girl can dream right? If I can't ever make these, I will pay someone to because I feel like these are going to be a necessary part of my near future for Miss Tessa Kelly.

1 comment:

  1. I'll pay you to crochet a hat like that for Oliver ... no pink though, he wouldn't appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete