One thing we've learned about this girl, she is so curious about everything and is totally fearless. The first few times she figured out how to get up on the couch (after we realized she'd been stacking pillows up for a boost), she dove headfirst off it. What can I say? She wanted down and she figured it out. Finally yesterday she realized it was probably a little easier to turn around and hang her feet over the edge and slide. Much faster and less rug burn.
Anyways, back the the appointment. She is a whopping 19 pounds, 10.5 ounces, which is right at the 25th percentile. Those of you not versed on percentiles, it means that 75% of children her age weigh more than her, and she weighs more than the other 25%. Get it? She is 29 1/2 inches tall, which is the 50th percentile. She's still long and lean, just like her dad. I would be thrilled if she were built like him. He is tall and naturally skinny. For an analogy on the body shape differences between Joel and I, see Sesame Street.
I am Ernie and Joel is Bert.
Needless to say, I hope she gets at least some of Joel's features, height being one of them. So anyways, Tessa got 3 shots this round. She got her Hib vaccine, her flu shot, and the chicken pox vaccine. You can tell she's opinionated because she cried more when she got held down than when she got poked. She was fine once I picked her up, and she ripped her bandaid off before it was done bleeding. Sigh. That's my girl.
She has had some more trouble breathing, being very wheezy with a phlegmy cough. We've done a couple breathing treatments with her and that seems to help. She may have asthma, which can be a very big deal. However, I have asthma and have learned to manage it
Today is her party, so I'll be sure to report back. We spent most of yesterday cooking, cleaning, and decorating for it. I tried not to go too overboard with it.