Tessa makes 3!

The adventures of a young couple starting a family, teaching each other and learning as we go, and having fun doing it!

October 4, 2010

Week 37!

It's official, I am full term. That means that even though my due date is 3 weeks away, if Tessa decides to come, she will be able to thrive in the world with little to no medical intervention. I would still like her to stay in at least another week to give her lungs a chance to fully develop, but at this point, she shouldn't have any complications at birth. She's gaining about an ounce a day, which is almost a half pound a week.

Oh, and it seems that she's the size of a watermelon, which makes sense since I feel like that's exactly what was implanted into my stomach.  I mean seriously, I feel like I have to put a lot more effort into swinging my whole body around to roll over in bed or get up off the couch. It's quite a production. Joel makes fun of me often.

I have gained 20 pounds, but still feel pretty good overall. The heartburn is still terrible, but I know there's an end. My back and hips hurt, but again, there's an end in sight. I think I decided early on to take the attitude of "IT'S NOT THAT DARN HARD", because I'm certainly not the first person to be pregnant in this world, nor will I be the last. Anything I've had, someone has probably had it first and worse. That's not to say that parts of this pregnancy haven't been frustrating and annoying, but I figure whatever I have to do, it's worth it to meet Tessa!

No comments:

Post a Comment