Tessa makes 3!

The adventures of a young couple starting a family, teaching each other and learning as we go, and having fun doing it!

January 27, 2011

Taco Pie

I love Taco pizza. Sadly, Joel does not. I should mention that he has never actually tried it, but he has an uncanny way of despising things that contain an ingredient he is unfamiliar with or he's decided sound weird.

Ok, my 25 year old husband eats like a toddler.

So tonight for supper, I told him I was making taco pie. He was concerned about ingredients that might sneak in there, like :::: gasp:::::: beans or sour cream or lettuce. I made this taco pie using:

1 can of Crescent Rolls
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 8 oz. container of sour cream
1 8 oz. package of finely shredded mild Cheddar cheese
1 package taco seasoning (dry)
1/2 package water (use taco seasoning package)
1/2 bag crushed tortilla chips---we used Doritos.

All you do is line a pan with the crescent rolls, cook the meat then add the taco seasoning, water, and sour cream to the meat. Mix it, then  layer the pan like this: chips, meat, cheese, and another layer of chips. Bake it at 350 for 20-25 minutes. I added lettuce and salsa to the top of mine after baking, Joel just opted for taco sauce. It was good and easy (that's what she said. Sorry, had to sneak that in there)

And the best part? I have opened the door of opportunity for Taco pizza since I convinced him there wasn't much difference. I'll just have to sneak the refried beans in somehow. 

P.S. I cooked this in an 8x8 pan, but my recipe calls for a 9x13. I like it thicker.

That's what she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment