Tessa makes 3!

The adventures of a young couple starting a family, teaching each other and learning as we go, and having fun doing it!

January 12, 2011

Back to work

Well, I've officially been back to work for 2 weeks. Technically, I'm part time, but since I can't say no and there's always hours available, I somehow am working full time again. But, the bank account is digging it, especially since I am keeping motivated on this whole Dave Ramsey thing, it's a nice feeling knowing that every day I work is a couple hundred dollars closer to being debt free. Gosh, I'm a weirdo.  I just reread that, and I kind of want to punch myself in the face for being a nerd.

I do like being back around people and I love the hustle and bustle of the hospital, but I hate going out in the random blizzards that pop up because there are zero hills or trees to block the wind. My 26 mile drive to work each morning sucks, but I got some sweet new country CD's for Christmas so it makes the time fly by. Side note: get the Zac Brown Band CD, the old one and the new one. You won't be disappointed. And Taylor Swift. She's my guilty pleasure. Anyways, back on subject. Work is ok, it's work. If I could, I'd stay home, but I can't so I don't. Oh well. It's not so bad.

Sometimes it's a nice feeling to shower, do my hair and makeup, get dressed, and leave the house. I didn't do much to get myself primped and pretty during maternity leave. Oh, who am I kidding. I don't do primping and pampering. Hello?! I'm a bare minimum kind of gal. You'll be lucky if I shave my legs in the winter. Needless to say, I think Joel's happy I'm back to work because now I actually get out of my sweatpants and make a feeble attempt at looking "pretty". Although, I get hit on by random dudes with no insurance in the ER, that counts right?

No comments:

Post a Comment