Tessa makes 3!

The adventures of a young couple starting a family, teaching each other and learning as we go, and having fun doing it!

March 1, 2011

Grandma love

One of my favorite things about our families is how much they love us and want to spend time with us. The feeling is mutual, by the way. Last weekend my parents came up to visit us. Joel was working the overnight so he slept until mid afternoon but the rest of us ventured over to Dirty Dodge. Grandma Pam wanted to see the sprawling metropolis of Fort Dodge apparently.


Plus, Younkers was having a sale (shocking!) so we went for a little shopping which really just gave them an excuse to come up in the morning and have more Tessa time than if they'd waited for Joel to get up. We spent almost 2 hours in Younkers wandering around the entire store. Tessa got an Easter dress and 2 spring/summer outfits, I got a pair of leggings and a sweater,  I got Joel a Columbia golf shirt, and each of my parents got a couple shirts. Then we came back over and woke Joel up.


We really didn't do much all day, but it was nice to see them and visit with them, and Tessa was being a ham, showing off for Grandma and PaPa. I made homemade pizza for supper and my mom brought an angel food cake along and they left when it was time for Joel to head off to work. My mom got some great pictures and videos which get her through until the next time she can catch the live show (next week).  It's nice that we live close enough for visitors to come for the day and hang out a little. We'll be down next week again for a couple days since Joel has some training in Des Moines. And by then, Grandma Laura will be back from Africa after 3 weeks so I'm sure Tessa will get a lot more Grandma loving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment