Tessa makes 3!

The adventures of a young couple starting a family, teaching each other and learning as we go, and having fun doing it!

March 22, 2011

Vacation

This afternoon we're taking a road trip to Denver to visit my brother and sister-in-law and their two boys.  Jaxon is 3 and is absolutely hilarious and loves playing rough with Joel. Noah is 12 days older than Tessa. At Christmas, they laid next to each other but weren't really old enough to interact much. This trip could be interesting though. We're taking 2-25 year olds (Joel and I), a 4 1/2 month old (Tessa), and a 50-something (my mom Pam). In a car. To Denver. Oh boy. 

I have a funny feeling this trip will not go as smoothly as I am hoping, especially given the way this day has begun. So far today, we spent from 1-2:30 awake and hanging out. I had to get up at 4, which was also when Joel got home from work. Tessa decided she wanted to get then too. It's now 6 am, I leave for work in 20 minutes and Tessa is still awake and playing. She ate, she pooped, and now she's chewing on her Sophie and laughing at the local news. With no signs of slowing down. Oh, and I also woke up with a headache. Those tend to linger for a day or two and have the capability to make me very nauseous. 

Have I mentioned that I am extremely prone to motion sickness? Car, boat, airplane, rollercoaster, etc. If it moves with a motor, I have the capability to throw up in/on it. I've never gotten sick on a bicycle or a motorcycle, but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility. Again, I wonder what the heck we've gotten ourselves into. When I was younger, I would throw up if I was riding in the backseat of a car for a trip from our house to Target Ankeny, which is about 5 miles and takes about 8-10 minutes. It's that bad. Hopefully I can shake this headache before we leave at 3:30 so I am not miserable throughout this trip. Oh, and by the way, Tessa hates her carseat. She'll sleep in it, and within the blink of an eye, she's awake and angry.

Hmmmm.... yeah. This could be interesting. Joel's a trooper though, and my mom is very la-di-dah about all of it so she should be just fine. We are traveling in the evening/overnight so hopefully we can get some sleep and Tessa won't need to stop as often. Joel's used to being up at night so he'll drive when I get tired.

And, because posts without pictures are less fun, here's Tessa's new trick. She plays peek-a-boo with herself. Sometimes she works herself to the corner of her giant play blanket and grabs the blanket and puts it over her face, or sometimes she grabs her lovey and covers her face with that. She thinks it's pretty funny to do it over and over. Oh to be in the mind of an almost 5 month old.

Oh hai mom. Don't mind me, I'm just hanging out. 
 
Oh gee, look what I found. The weakest link in this blanket.
 
You don't see me, you don't see me. 
 
 Nothing to see here, folks.

Wish us luck on our trip! I'll be taking a blogcation until next week so I can soak in nephew/sibling time while we're out there. My sister in law is going to take some family pictures of us while we're out there too. She's a wonderful photographer and should just quit her day job already and do it full time.

No comments:

Post a Comment