Tessa makes 3!

The adventures of a young couple starting a family, teaching each other and learning as we go, and having fun doing it!

March 12, 2011

Des Moines trip

We went to Des Moines for a few days while Joel had some training and spent some quality time with our families. I spent 2 of those days hanging out with this fine gentleman:

I caught a bug and had some nausea/vomiting, which was not fun. Luckily PaPa Scot entertained Tessa while I was ill. She also got to spend a lot of time with Grandma Laura and PaPa Steve. Laura had just come from Africa and had gotten braids in her hair, which Tessa loved to pull on. Daddy and Tessa got some snuggles in and took a few good naps together.  

Daddy's always a good candidate for a nap buddy. We also went car shopping, which was fun but makes me very nervous. I don't know why, but I hate doing things like that. Especially when it's cold. And wet. But my poor Grand Prix needed some loving and we just didn't want to spend that much money on repairs. So, we bought a car. A 2008 Nissan Altima. Joel decided we might as well splurge a little and get the "luxury" model so we did. It's got leather, heated seats, a 6 disc CD changer, and a bunch of other little things I won't use but Joel couldn't live without. Very not Dave Ramsey approved. It does look pretty slick though.

No comments:

Post a Comment