Tessa makes 3!

The adventures of a young couple starting a family, teaching each other and learning as we go, and having fun doing it!

November 9, 2010

Tessa meets GG

Tessa has the wonderful privilege of being surrounded by lots of loving family. On Joel's side, Tessa makes 5 generations. Yes, 5. It's crazy to me that my grandma and Joel's great grandma are a year apart in age, and Joel still has a great grandfather too, as well as all 4 grandparents. I have 2 of my 4 grandparents, and never knew any of my great grandparents. This past weekend, we went to Des Moines so Tessa could meet my grandma, her "GG" as she is referred by the other great grandchildren. We also got to spend the day with my aunt and my cousin's wives and daughter. It was a great day with lots of fun watching football, watching Tessa, and having some great girl time. Hopefully at Thanksgiving we'll get to take a 5 generations picture with Joel's family.







 My mom and aunt with their granddaughters


Joel went to the ISU/Nebraska football game in Ames with his dad and brothers and had a blast, so he missed girls day. I don't think he missed all the girl time, but he sure missed Tessa as this was his first time away from her for more than an hour. He tailgated all day with the guys and got great seats to the game, even if he was sitting in the middle of Nebraska fans. We both had great days away from the house, but were glad to get home and back into our routine, which we are still trying to establish with Tessa.

No comments:

Post a Comment