Tessa makes 3!

The adventures of a young couple starting a family, teaching each other and learning as we go, and having fun doing it!

November 11, 2010

our first rough night

Tessa has been a great sleeper, only waking up to nurse and for diaper changes at night every 3-4 hours. She sleeps like a champ and it's been wonderful. Until last night. I'm not sure what her issue was, but from 9pm-3am it was a party. She would wake up crying, nurse for a few minutes, fall asleep. But as soon as I would move her from the rocking chair where I was holding her to the pack and play, she would wake up within 5 minutes, crying again. I nursed her every hour, changed her diaper, rocked her, snuggled her on my chest, and nothing worked to keep her asleep. I felt like I was slowly losing my mind.

On top of that, it was Joel's first night back at work so I was having a little anxiety about that. But alas, the little booger fell asleep about 3 minutes before Joel got home at 4am and slept until 7:30, woke up to nurse, and slept until 10:30. I think she was just messing with me. I'm hoping I can sneak in a nap today, assuming the munchkin wants to sleep at some point in her little life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment