Tessa makes 3!

The adventures of a young couple starting a family, teaching each other and learning as we go, and having fun doing it!

May 7, 2011

Garage Sale Season is upon us!

I'm so excited, this was the first weekend of garage sales! There were a few scattered sales in the last couple of weeks, but yesterday, the community board was full of advertisements. Tessa and I ventured out for a while this morning after she woke up. We found some great deals on random housewares I can't live without, a couple planters for when I have a porch attached to a real house someday. ::Sigh::: Oh, I also got Tessa a couple of loud, annoying, singing toys that she was already laughing at while still at the sale.

So far, I've started collecting some great stuff. I got Tessa an adirondack chair for 50 cents that just needs to be sprayed off with a hose and will work great outdoors and camping. I got a lazy susan for spices in the cabinet, a little ledge for organization in the pantry, and a couple cute little colored vases. Family Circle magazines and Better Homes and Gardens have been inspiring, and I love that I can find great stuff for cheap! Most of it can't really be used right now since we don't have a home big enough for my trinkets, but I'm collecting it anyways, knowing that someday when we move, I'll be able to fill the home with lots of cute stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment