Tessa makes 3!

The adventures of a young couple starting a family, teaching each other and learning as we go, and having fun doing it!

September 21, 2011

SQUEEE

We bought a house! Yes, that's right. We have a signed, accepted offer on a house and will be closing November 21st! I'm a little bummed we won't be in our new house by Halloween. That was my goal since our new house is in the most adorable neighborhood in town. I was hoping we could drag Tessa around in a wagon in her bumble bee costume and trick or treat to all our new neighbors. But, we'll have to wait for next year. The sellers needed time to buy a house so we aren't closing until just before Thanksgiving. At least it won't be the dead of winter.

When we went to the bank today, Joel told the mortgage guy I already spent all our money on stuff for the house. I was embarrassed, but he was telling the truth. Ever since we decided to buy, I've been buying "house stuff" that I can't live without. Nevermind that I don't know if it will fit in the new house, I needed it because it was for the new house. That's just how my world works. So, I've been picking stuff up here and there, and loading up a few bags when we were at IKEA last month. The ability to decorate my own home is something I haven't had a chance to do yet, so I really want to take advantage and make my home 'us'.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should still drive to the new neighborhood to Trick or Treat. That way you could meet some of the new neighbors before you move in, because people aren't out much in the cold months so you wouldn't see anybody until Spring. It would be fun to know a few people when you move in. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete