- Hitting up the casino at 8:30am. Only a few crazy old lurker ladies and far less smoke.
- Joel trying to get into the football game, gets patted down, random security dude, "Is that a cellphone on your hip, sir?" Joel: "Uh... yeah it sure is." Joel to me: "I told him what he wanted to hear."
- Joel getting loud during the football game, yells at the top of his lungs after Romo makes a nice pass, "That a way to get it in the hole". Me: "That's what she said." Random old lady behind us: giggles, tells her friend, more giggles.
- Drunk Vikings fan talking smack to me until I shut him up by knowing more about football than him.
- Same drunk Vikings fan telling me I was cool because I don't like Green Bay and do like the Hawkeyes.
- 2 Trips to IKEA.
- Getting lost in downtown Minneapolis, Joel telling me to trust him and said he knew where he was going, Joel getting lost, Andrea getting the inevitable motion sickness.
- IKEA breakfast causing the trots, but since it was 99 cents, we'll call it a wash. It was tasty.
- Almost crashing a wedding reception at our hotel.
- 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep, laying in bed drinking coffee, a couple cocktails with your husband, the feeling of being carefree for 36 hours, all priceless.
August 28, 2011
10 signs you had a great weekend
This past weekend Joel and I took a trip up to Minneapolis without Tessa for his birthday. I bought tickets to preseason Vikings/Cowboys game, did a little shopping, and had some R&R. So, in honor of the weekend, 10 things that guaranteed a fabulous trip, in no particular order.