Tessa makes 3!

The adventures of a young couple starting a family, teaching each other and learning as we go, and having fun doing it!

March 29, 2012

Couponing at its finest

Last fall, I stumbled across a coupon that had a big payout. Proctor and Gamble released a coupon for $8 off any 2 Covergirl face products. I scoped out Walmart and found that mascara and eyeliner were about $5 each, and the eye shadow was $3. Hmmm... that meant I could get free Covergirl stuff, as long as I had the coupons for it.


Well, my fabulous husband produced 36 newspapers left over on Sunday night from the gas station he frequents on his overnight shifts. So, I now had 36 Covergirl coupons. I went to Walmart, grabbing 72 Covergirl products, and got them all for free!! I thought that was such a smoking deal. But, then it got better. About a week later, I stumbled across a rebate.This rebate stated that if I sent in $50 in receipts showing I had purchased Proctor and Gamble products, I would get a $10 rebate card and a Breast Cancer Awareness Bakeware set. I figured I'd give it a shot, just in case it worked. If not, I was out the stamp. The best part? The Covergirl products I'd gotten for free from coupons were included in this, so all I had to do was send in the receipts from those transactions!

I received the $10 Rebate Card about a month later, and figured I just wouldn't get the bakeware set. No big deal. I was still way up. Then, last week, a mysterious box showed up. I had no idea what it was, I certainly wasn't expecting a package. I opened it, and lo and behold, it CAME!!!!


It is so cute, and it is actually pretty decent stuff! Coupons For the Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment